Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Best Lenses for Sony ZV-E10 in 2024 ?

5 Posts
6 Users
11 Likes
Topic starter

I just picked up the new Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera and I'm looking for recommendations on the best lenses to get for it. The kit lens is decent but I'd like something with better low light performance and sharpness for videos and photos.

What are your favorite lenses for this camera in 2024? Looking for options around $500 or less ideally. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Topic Tags
5 Answers

For the Sony ZV-E10 in 2024, a variety of lenses are recommended to enhance your photography experience. Here are some top lenses:

• Best Everyday Lens: The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN | C is praised for its superior image quality over the kit lens and versatile zoom range suitable for general shooting.
  • Best for Versatility: The Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS offers a broad zoom range, making it a great option for capturing everything from wide landscapes to detailed portraits.
  • Best for Vlogging: For vloggers, lenses like the Sony E 11mm f/1.8 provide wide-angle coverage with a bright aperture, while the Sony E 10-20mm f/4 PZ G offers flexibility for various vlogging scenarios.
  • Best Wide-Angle: The Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM is an excellent choice for expansive landscapes or architectural photography.
  • Best Telephoto: For distant subjects, the Sony FE 70–200mm f/4 G Macro OSS II is a high-end option that provides exceptional reach and quality.
  • Best Super-Telephoto: If you’re looking to capture subjects from afar, such as wildlife or sports, a super-telephoto lens like the Sony FE 200-600mm G OSS would be ideal.

These lenses cater to a range of photography styles and needs, ensuring that whether you’re into vlogging, landscape, portrait, or telephoto photography, there’s a lens that fits your requirements. Remember to consider factors like focal length, aperture, and optical stabilization when choosing the right lens for your Sony ZV-E10.

My top pick is actually a zoom lens - the Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD. It's one of the best bang for buck options at $500-600. You get a versatile zoom range from wide to short telephoto, fast f/2.8 aperture for low light, and Tamron's great optics and image stabilization.

What really sets this lens apart is its excellent versatility. The 17-70mm focal range gives you an expansive wide-angle view at 17mm that's perfect for vlogging, capturing yourself with room backgrounds, or sweeping landscapes. But it also zooms in to a useful 70mm short telephoto length for flattering portraits, product photography, or just getting closer to your subjects.

The constant f/2.8 aperture is a huge benefit over typical kit lenses that start around f/3.5 at wide-angle then narrow even further when zoomed in. With the Tamron 17-70mm, you get over a full stop more light at both the wide and tele ends of the zoom range. This delivers better low light performance, attractive background blur, and overall improved image quality.

Optically, it's a fantastic performer with corner-to-corner sharpness and minimal distortion or vignetting. Tamron's lens coatings also do a great job reducing flare and ghosting. And the built-in vibration compensation (VC) image stabilization helps capture crisp handheld shots and smooth video footage.

While not the absolute smallest lens, the Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 is remarkably compact and lightweight for such a high-quality zoom lens with a wide constant aperture. It balances perfectly on the ZV-E10 and is a joy to use for photos or video. All in all, it's an outstanding everyday lens that covers an extremely useful focal range while delivering pro-grade image quality and low light capabilities.

For the ZV-E10, I really like the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens. It's super sharp, has great low light performance, and the wide 16mm focal length is perfect for vlogging and capturing yourself along with some background. Usually runs around $400.

I use the Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS on my ZV-E10 and love it. Fantastic little prime lens that's only $300 but takes amazingly sharp photos and video. The 35mm focal length is a nice versatile option.

For vlogging and content creation with the ZV-E10 in 2024, I highly recommend the:

Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS Wide-Angle Zoom

• Covers an extremely useful focal range from ultra-wide 15mm to wide 27mm equivalents
  • Constant f/4 aperture provides consistency and decent low light ability
  • Built-in optical image stabilization critical for stable handheld vlogging
  • Compact and lightweight design, ideal for a vlogging/travel setup

Pair it with the Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS as a versatile prime:

• 52.5mm equivalent focal length works well for arm's length selfie-style videos
  • Wide f/1.8 aperture is perfect for blurring backgrounds and low light situations
  • Optical steady shot helps keep footage smooth
  • Affordable and very lightweight

This two lens kit covers all the bases for vlogging and can easily be expanded with additional primes or zooms as needed. The 10-18mm and 35mm make a killer combo for the ZV-E10 that will serve you well in 2024 and beyond!

Share: