Notifications
Clear all

Sony a6700 Memory Card Recommendation ?

3 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter

I just purchased the new Sony a6700 mirrorless camera and am looking for advice on the best memory card to use with it. The manual says it supports UHS-II SD cards.

From the research I've done so far, it looks like the camera can take advantage of the faster write speeds of UHS-II cards, especially when shooting bursts or 4K video. But those cards are pretty expensive.

Would I be okay going with a high-capacity UHS-I U3 card instead for general photography and occasional video? I don't plan to shoot a ton of continuous bursts or 4K video. I'd rather save some money if the performance difference isn't huge.

Also, any specific UHS-II card recommendations for the a6700 from those who have used them? I see a lot of people recommending the Sony Tough cards. But they are pricey and some reviews mention issues with overheating. The ProGrade Digital UHS-II cards look like a good option too.

What's your take on UHS-I vs UHS-II for the a6700? And any standout memory card models I should consider for reliability and speed? Thanks in advance!

3 Answers

I bought Sony a6700 with two Sony Tough G UHS-II cards bundles, works well for several months now.

Just get a UHS-II card from your preferred brand: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=uhs-ii+sd+card+v90&crid=1EYVXKWP9NYSQ&sprefix=uhs-ii+sd%2Caps%2C526&linkCode=ll2&tag=6890-20&linkId=c47e6f69cb1fd927cda9ffeea01cb214&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Get Sandisk or Sony Tough UHS-II SD cards.

Share: