Notifications
Clear all

Best Telephoto Lens for Sony a6700 ?

3 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter

I recently upgraded to the Sony a6700 mirrorless camera and I'm looking to get a good telephoto prime or zoom lens for shooting sports and wildlife. The Sony 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 zoom lens seems decent but a bit soft and slow.

Does anyone have experience with telephotos on the a6700? I'd love to get your recommendations on the best affordable yet high-performance option, ideally under $1500. Thanks!

Topic Tags
3 Answers

I ended up going with the Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary lens for around $950 and have been very pleased with the versatility and image quality, especially considering the price. It's sharp enough for great wildlife shots on the a6700.

My fe 200-600mm g lens works well on my Sony a6600

For price under $1,500, I highly recommended the Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VC VXD Lens. It is a stellar super-telephoto zoom lens that overdelivers for its price. At 225-750mm equivalent, it provides a tremendously flexible focal range ideal for sports, wildlife, and more. Optically, it's tack sharp with beautiful contrast and color rendition. The fast linear VXD AF motor keeps subjects locked on. VC image stabilization is a game-changer for handholding this beast. Build quality feels robust yet relatively lightweight at 1.7lbs. The smooth zoom ring is a joy to use.

Share: