Notifications
Clear all

Best Mic for Sony a6700 ?

2 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

I recently got the Sony A6700 and I'm looking to upgrade the audio for my videos. I mostly shoot vlogs, interviews, and some outdoor B-roll.

I'm wondering what the best mic options are for this specific camera model. I'm considering both on-camera mics and lav mics.

What mics have you used with the A6700 that have worked well? I'm looking for something with great audio quality, easy to use, and preferably under $300.

Any recommendations or personal experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Topic Tags
2 Answers

Have you tried the new DJI MIC 2 ? It is really impressive !

Top recommended microphones based on your selection:

1. Sony ECM-M1 Shotgun Microphone:

• Key Features:
      • Utilizes beamforming technology with four mic capsules.
      • Eight dial-selectable audio recording modes for versatility.
      • Advanced digital signal processing and digital audio interface for high-quality sound.
      • Compact and lightweight design.
      • Dust and moisture resistant.
    • The ECM-M1 is a feature-rich microphone that caters to content creators and videographers who demand top-tier audio quality. Its unique beamforming technology ensures optimal sound clarity in various shooting scenarios.
  2. Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun Microphone (2nd Generation):

• Key Features:
      • Built-in wind protection and integrated shock absorption.
      • Headphone output with volume control.
      • Three-step gain sensitivity switch and low-cut filter.
      • Compatible with cameras and mobile devices.
    • The MKE 400 offers superior sound quality and flexibility. It’s ideal for vloggers, videographers, and content creators who need a compact and portable solution for capturing high-quality audio.
  3. RODE VideoMic Pro+ Shotgun Microphone:

• Key Features:
      • High-quality audio recording with a supercardioid polar pattern.
      • Adjustable gain (-10 dB to +20 dB) and high-pass filter (75 Hz).