Notifications
Clear all

Best memory card for Sony a6700 ?

4 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
Topic starter

Which memory card do you think is best for Sony a6700. ?

4 Answers

I highly recommended the SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card. It can achieve maximum performance for a faster workflow and burst shooting. Great for Sony a6700 when shooting 4K videos.

The Sony A6700 has a single memory card slot that is compatible with both UHS-I and UHS-II SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.

UHS-II Memory Cards (Recommended for Optimal Performance):

1. Sony SF-G Tough: With an impressive write speed of 230 MB/s, this V90-rated card is ideal for high-speed continuous shooting and 4K video recording.

2. Kingston Canvas React Plus: Offering a write speed of 227 MB/s, this V90 card is another excellent choice for demanding tasks.

3. Hoodman Steel 2000X: With a write speed of 226 MB/s, this V90 card ensures smooth performance for both photos and videos.

UHS-I SD Memory Cards (Budget-Friendly Option):

1. Delkin Devices Advantage UHS-I: This card provides a write speed of 79 MB/s and is suitable for casual photography and video recording.

2. Kingston Canvas Go! Plus UHS-I: With a write speed of 79 MB/s, this V30 card is a cost-effective choice for everyday use.

If you need fast speed and best quality, try UHS-II SD cards, if you just need cheap card, just try UHS-I SD cards.

Hey there! I saw your post asking about the best memory cards for the new Sony a6700. As an a6700 shooter myself, using fast UHS-II cards has been a game-changer.

Hands down, my top recommendation is the Sony SF-G Tough UHS-II SDXC card. This beast hits crazy fast read speeds up to 300MB/s and write speeds up to 299MB/s. With cards this fast, you'll maximize that deep buffer for bursts of continuous RAW shooting, and have no issues at all with even the highest 4K video bitrates.

If the Sony is out of your budget, the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II and Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II are excellent alternatives that come very close in performance.

Now if you want to save some cash, high-end UHS-I cards like the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I are decent budget options. Just know you may hit the buffer limit a bit sooner in continuous bursts compared to UHS-II.

No matter which route you go, I'd suggest at least a 64GB card to handle the high megapixel RAW files and 4K video from the a6700. And definitely make sure to get a V90 video speed class card for fluid 4K recording.

Building up a rotation of multiple fast cards is wise too. Nothing worse than filling up in the middle of the action!

Let me know if you have any other a6700 questions! This camera is an absolute blast to shoot with.

Share: